Prioritizing profits – it’s a common struggle for entrepreneurs—making sales but seeing little profit. Today, we’re diving in and breaking down how to make more profits in your business. I’ll be honest, I don’t like dealing with the nitty gritty of finances in business, so I brought in expert Danielle Hendon, from Four Corners CFO, to share what she knows about entrepreneurs, finances in business and prioritizing profits. She shared practical tips for extracting and retaining profits. If you've ever faced the frustration of not enjoying the rewards of your hard work, grab a pen and tune in for actionable insights on financial success. It's time to put profits in your pocket and make your business work for you!
- Know your numbers. It’s a must!
- Have a realistic goal (aka a budget). Budgets aren’t bad things. They help you reach your goals.
- Hire a bookkeeper. It’s the best thing ever and it’s well worth it.
- Make sure your profits go into your pockets.
- Build an emergency fund for your business.
- Don’t be afraid of your “dirty laundry” (your numbers), just hand it to the bookkeepers for them to clean them up. That’s what they love to do!
Danielle Hendon is a wife, mom and virtual CFO to small business owners. She empowers business owners to pay themselves what they’re worth and continue to put more profit in their pocket every year. She has over a decade of experience in corporate finance and accounting to small businesses on a scale that fits their budget and their needs. Her education and certification (as a CPA) gave her the technical knowledge. Using those skills on the job, taught her that accounting and finance is about so much more than numbers. It’s about the people. Danielle started 4 Corners CFO to help business owners take a step back from the burnout, pay themselves what they’re worth, and focus on their joy and reason for serving their clients.
Connect with Danielle:
Connect with Alison: